Monday, September 3, 2012

Let the Music Play!

     Starting week is finally here, and I'm so excited so see all my wonderful students again. We have some great new additions to our studio family this year as well as all of our long-time friends! It's going to be a spectacular year!

     I have some fun things planned for this year that I can't wait to share with you! Our themed recital was a hit last year, and I got a lot of positive feedback from the audience, so we may do another this spring. I'm considering a recital featuring music from around the globe, but I'm open to suggestions as well, so give me some ideas! I'm also hoping to book a guest performer for our fall group lesson and perhaps even a master class in the spring. Yay!

     I'll be asking several hand-picked students with performance ready pieces to perform in our MTNA recitals during the school year. These recitals are a great opportunity to be motivated by other serious piano students from other studios. Several of you will also be asked to participate in a music festival in the spring.

     Lastly, I've revamped our token prize system to be more task and less time-oriented. I've created a checklist of items to be practiced on assigned pieces that can be redeemed for a token. I'll be sending more details home with your student this week.

     I can't wait to reconnect with you all! See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment